The file is located on the server's file system (and unaccessible from the web interface). To edit it you must login via ssh (or scp) to peepul.cs.umanitoba.ca as root (password: hci2008) <-- this will change in the near future. The file is located at /data/www/html/papers/publications.bib
Also in that directory are the media files related to the publications. The naming convention is like this:
- Papers: 2008-CHI-Irani-ShortTitle.pdf
- Quicktime Movie: 2008-CHI-Irani-ShortTitle.mov
- Flash Movie: 2008-CHI-Irani-ShortTitle.flv
- Poster: 2008-CHI-Irani-ShortTitlePoster.pdf
- Slides: 2008-CHI-Irani-ShortTitlePresentation.ppt
The parts of the name are: year, abbreviation of conference or journal, last name of first author, short version of the title.
The bibtex format uses the standard field with a few custom additions:
- pdf = URL to pdf version of the paper
- vid = URL to downloadable video (ie quicktime, wmv, etc)
- flv = URL to flash video file for embedded videos
- slides = URL to slides (in any format) from the talk
- poster = URL to poster (in any format) related to the publication
- doi = DOI identifier string for this publication
- projects = comma-separated list of projects that this publication is related to. The project names are arbitrary and are used only to provide a link to the Project page on the lab website.
To convert videos to flv format, I use Riva FLV Converter. It is a fairly straightforward GUI application that takes a mov/avi/wmv file and outputs a flv file.
Displaying the results on a webpage
The bibtex parser that displays the publication list is invoked with special wiki syntax. Here are some examples:
Get all publications from a given year:
Get all publications with a given author:
Get all publications related to a given project: