Revision control is currently implemented with subversion. The subversion URL is svn+ssh://firstname.lastname@example.org/home/username/svn
Each person has their own account. The username is your first name and the password is your last name, all lower case. (The same as your SSH account.)
There is also a shared account, with username shared, password zoetrope.
The web interface is running at http://peepul.cs.umanitoba.ca/websvn/
There is one global user account to view the web interface:
- Username: hci
- Password: tabletop
There is also a shared account for collaborative projects, username 'shared', password 'zoetrope'.
Client Programs: Most of us will want to have both Tortoise and Ankh
- http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ - TortoiseSVN windows explorer integrated SVN client
- http://ankhsvn.tigris.org/ - Microsoft Visual Studio plugin
- http://subclipse.tigris.org/ - Eclipse plugin for Java development
- http://svnbook.red-bean.com/ - Version Control with Subversion book
To add new users:
- log into hci.cs.umanitoba.ca via ssh
- run /home/new_svn_user.sh